Saturday, May 24, 2014

TheVaporBar Juice Review

Hey folks! Alongside the stellar tank I received from thevaporbar, I was also lucky enough to sample five of their juices. To be honest, the 16.95/30 ml price point did concern me. In this industry, you've got a lot of options, and often a higher price commands a higher quality product. However after a nice talk with Schell, she did put it into perspective for me. As a company, they want to ensure that their customers receive only medical grade PG, USDA approved VG, medical grade nicotine, and the best flavorings. They do not cut corners; they mix these juices and run them through a stringent lab, of which  is AEMSA (american eliquid manufacturing standards association) certified. Unfortunately, this doesn't always equate to a stellar vape, despite the level of dedication.



By no means does this juice turn me off. In fact, I found three of the five bottles quite lovely. What concerns me is the pricing. 16.95 is quite steep, considering the total volume is only 30ml. This isn't to say that the juice isn't WORTH the price, but it can be a severe let down if you do not like the juice. Let's say you decide to play a little "juice roulette." Normally, you're a fan of fruity flavors. One day, you feel the need to give a bakery treat a spin. You eagerly await your package, tear it open upon arrival, and fill your tank of choice.

You're let down. You aren't a fan. This is the potential disappointment customers face when paying such a price. When it comes down to it, I would suggest sticking to what you know. If you aren't sure you will absolutely like the juice, more so the thought of it, pass. If they could in the future provide customers with the option to select a smaller volume, I believe they could experience a surge in e-liquid sales. I say this because, I do not like committing to something until I have tried it. Unfortunately, I am a bit cautious trying something upper echelon in regards to price.

With that said, the juice I liked, I absolutely loved. They're well made, they came pre-steeped, and they're packed full of flavor. It is also a great comfort knowing such stringent testing went into each and every bottle.  The bottles are quality product, featuring child secure caps that give ME trouble. This is beyond commendable to me, because as a father I appreciate the extra layer of security. They're all mixed 70/30 PG/VG, a very comfortable flavor to vapor ratio. A few bottles also have the "keep away from pets and children" warning, something I feel every bottle, that every vendor sales, should brandish. With this said, lets get on to the review.

70/30 PG/VG
20MG

Website description: Customers say this is a closet to a Marlboro Medium.
Impression : First and foremost, I am not a fan of tobacco juice. In my experience, every juice touting itself as a tobacco offering has disappointed me. Unfortunately, this juice is no different. The aroma is very weak, an almost faint pipe tobacco smell. The initial vape was unpleasant all the way around. Anticipating a tobacco taste, I was let down. The flavoring is flat, and I have trouble putting my finger on just what I am tasting. I feel that this "special blend" is lacking in the special department. Setting aside a personal tobacco bias, I was left dumbfounded to what exactly I was tasting. It's a bit of a dry vape, with in my best opinion is a faint pipe tobacco taste. 1/5, unfortunately.

 Hell Frozen Over
70/30
16mg

Website description: Cinnamon and ice, very nice!
Impression : Dear LORD I was born on a mountainside! This juice packs a punch like no other. I was never a menthol smoker, so I wasn't expecting this to satisfy the palate. Boy was I taken for a wild ride. The aroma is incredibly complex, offering a cinnamon and minty scent that delights the nasal passage. After a deep whiff, I knew this juice was a force to be reckoned with. The inhale is a complex medley of cinnamon, retaining it's sweet and spicy nature without overpowering your taste buds. The exhale is a delightfully refreshing shot of menthol, a solid compliment to the sweet and spicy cinnamon. The mix is exceptionally well done; as the layer of cinnamon and menthol is nearly perfected. I must say, if you can brew a gallon of this, I will literally throw my money at you. 5/5!

Hummingbird
70/30
16mg

Website description: Fruity watermelon flavor.
Impression : I truly expected to like this flavor. The clever name and smell had me quite excited. I am a huge fan of berry/fruit juice, so I anticipated being right at home. The aroma was a bit on the cough syrupey side, yet I did not let that deter me. Unfortunately, the juice tasted just as it smelt. The inhale was reminiscent of a cherry cough drop, and the exhale consisted of a very subtle watermelon undertone. I feel that this juice has potential if they can manage to experiment with different berry/watermelon flavorings. With that said, a family member really enjoyed the juice, so your mileage may vary. 2.5/5

 Very Merry Berry
70/30
16mg

Website description: A mixture of all berries!
Impression : Yes. Yes. YES! This, alongside hell frozen over, absolutely justifies that 16.95 price point. When thevaporbar perfects a juice, it is second to none. I have looked high and low for a juice of this caliber. The smell is a lavish, delightfully fruity scent that can entice with ease. The inhale is so wondrously captivating and sweet, followed by an exhale that exudes a multitude of berry flavors. It seems as if every vape is a surprise! I get strawberry, blueberry, grape, wildberry and a very slight hint of mango. I can't believe that a juice containing so many layers manages to shine through in every regard. If you notice the picture, I have managed to vape nearly half the bottle! Whether it is out of a tank, a dripper, or a carto, this juice is absolutely wonderful. 5/5! ADV!

Murdock's Menthol Blast
Website description: A true menthol blast.
Impression : As I previously stated, I was never a menthol smoker. With that in mind, it is ironic how a menthol juice can make me wish that I was. It is part of the tobacco section on their website; yet I did not detect even the faintest tobacco. The smell is very similar to a pack of winterfresh gum, quite pleasant. The inhale is hard to explain, it is very cool, minty, but not overpowering in the slightest. It isn't until the exhale that you're rocked with an icy blast of menthol. This particular juice is everything it is made out to be, a refreshingly cool, minty menthol. It is also great to have this on hand if you're suffering vapors tongue, as it is incredibly bold, able to "reset" the tastebuds with ease. 4/5!

Overall, my experience with TheVaporBar was a pleasant endeavor. After trying Very Merry Berry and Hell Froze Over, I feel that maybe they would see more success if they eliminated some flavors to focus on the more stellar offerings. I will definitely revisit Very Merry Berry and Hell Froze Over, and truly hope to continue business with TheVaporBar.

Comments? Concerns? Need help with a product I've reviewed? Feel free to contact me by filling out the form on your right. As always folks, vape strong and live long!

1 comment:

  1. Are you paying over $5 / pack of cigs? I'm buying all my cigs over at Duty Free Depot and I save over 70% on cigs.

    ReplyDelete