Sunday, May 18, 2014

Hcigar Stingray

I'd like to share my thoughts on what is, in my opinion, an incredibly well made mech mod clone by Hcigar. I'd like to avoid the semantics surrounding clones vs authentic. I do not inherently condone plagarisim, but I do respect the need to budget, and in the end, what matters, is PEOPLE QUIT SMOKING. Now that I've got that out of the way... I'd like to present the Hcigar Stringray!






I picked this beautiful mod up at ECIGGITY, a well respected company based out in Hawaii, for the incredible price of 44.99 (use code 10percentoff for 10 percent discount) plus shipping, and couldn't be happier. I live in Arizona and the shipping was prompt. Initially I had trouble with my switch, an unfortunate HCigar quality control issue, however eciggity was extremely prompt in responding and sending out a replacement. Top notch service.


I love this mod. It is in my hand all day, every day, alongside whichever 510 tank I use. I can say with total conviction that I will never give this one up. So, let's get on and find out why it earns the vapocalytic STAMP of approval!



  • Build quality
    For a clone, this beast is machined so well, you would be hard pressed distinguishing it from the original. Each and every thread is as smooth as butter, even before the typically necessary isopropyl alcohol rubdown. Straight out the box, each tube, as well as connector and switch thread on without so much as a twitch of resistance. It is entirely 100% brass, a very conductive and lustrous metal.  For those who are tired of struggling with voltage drop, you will notice an incredibly small drop with this mechanical mod. It is form and functionality, perfected. The laser engraving is deep but not obtrusive, aesthetically pleasing, and well detailed. The switch and firing pins are also silver plated copper. This is amazing, as previously stated, because of the superior conductivity it provides. Another plus is a floating 510 pin. It will automatically adjust to your atomizer, eliminating the need to readjust it. This is invaluable because it supports a wide variety of batteries, 510 atomizers, as well as the capability of kicking it in 18500, 18490, and 18650 mode! Keep in mind, if you plan to use EGO cone devices, you will need a 510 to EGO adapter. The atomizer connection is also 22mm in diameter, so tank's such as the Mini Protank 2 and Kanger Aerotank will not sit flush. User preference, entirely.

  • Ventilation
    This is a very important aspect to any mechanical mod. Without asking you to take a seat for batteries 101, you want a mod that affords the user an ample amount of ventilation in case  thermal runaway occurs. The vents are created by spaces left between the brass and steel, as well as accentuating the firing switch. I feel extremely comfortable knowing a potential thermal runaway will not go unnoticed.

  • Magnetic switch
    Nemesis owners will be glad to know that the included switch is magnetic. In my opinion, I feel that the magnets are a bit on the weak side, but it is all a user preference. A lot of people have complained that the button has an atypical crunch. This is true, but an easily rectified problem. As with all clones, you should give it a through cleaning before use, as machine oil can and usually will be left on the threading. An initial disassemble followed by a nice isopropyl bath leads to a smooth switch with a very sensitive throw.

Overall, it is an invaluable mech to my growing collection. I do not see it leaving my rotation, nor being replaced anytime soon. If you're in the market for a well made clone, look no further than the Stingray by Hcigar!

As always, you can pick it up for 44.99 + SHIPPING at Eciggity. You can't put a price on superior customer service!




3 comments:

  1. Dab pen You made such an interesting piece to read, giving every subject enlightenment for us to gain knowledge. Thanks for sharing the such information with us to read this...

    ReplyDelete
  2. Snowwolf wocket You made such an interesting piece to read, giving every subject enlightenment for us to gain knowledge. Thanks for sharing the such information with us to read this...

    ReplyDelete
  3. Snoop dogg vaporizer Pretty good post. I just stumbled upon your blog and wanted to say that I have really enjoyed reading your blog posts. Any way I'll be subscribing to your feed and I hope you post again soon. Big thanks for the useful info.

    ReplyDelete