Thursday, December 4, 2014

Mutation X V2 Review

Hey everybody. Today, I'll be going over the Mutation X V2 atomizer by Indulgence. I got this from Jonathan at www.alluringvapors.com to review and I must say, it has been the only RDA in my rotation for going on two weeks!


The title says it all. The Mutation X V2 has successfully carved out all of my other RDAs, standing tall as the definite dripping experience. Let's go ahead and take a look at the specifications


Four post split design
SS construction
Top sink to disperse heat
Triangle torque screws
18 (!) airholes 
Wide bore delrin drip tip
Deep juice well
Original and AFFORDABLE


All in all, this thing is amazing. Let's break it down and go over each and every aspect of this beast.

- Deck
For those who own a plume veil or a CLT, you're in for a nice surprise. Instead of the tri-post design of the original mutation X, the v2 features a split, four post deck. This a nice addition to the already fantastic design, as it affords the user more room to build, as well as making center coils a very easy process. The negative posts are milled into the deck, and the split block is secured by a PEEK insulator and screw, just like many other RDAs. The posts themselves are very, very sturdy - I have not once noticed any indication of spinning, nor do I imagine I will.


Another cool feature is that the v2 features triangular torque screws. Initially I was skeptical, because I would need a new tool, and the traditional screws are easier to replace/locate in the size required. Fortunately, a torque screw came with the atomizer, and it seems very, very sturdy. I have done about six or seven builds so far, and the torque screwdriver is holding up just fine, as are the screws. I am beginning to wish that all RDAs featured these screws. They lock into place very easily, have yet to cut my wire, and do not back out over time as the posts and threads begin to wear down. I also believe that they will survive for quite some time, striped screws are a major pain in the ass, however I'm confident this won't be an issue.

The well itself is absolutely massive - deeper than the stillare, mephisto, patriot, and even the tobh. I would not say it is the deepest well I have ever used, but it is definitely near the top.

- Airflow
This is what made the original mutation a must have atomizer. Essentially, the original mutation was a tobh on steroids. It featured a similar deck, cap, and design. The V2 has successfully distanced itself from the tobh, turning itself into a standalone competitor. With the revolutionized deck, so comes the airflow. The original mutation featured 18 air holes, as does the V2, however the V2 now has the ability to run in single coil configuration. The AFC is accomplished by sliced blades that can block the holes accordingly. I personally do not see a reason to run the v2 in single coil mode, however I do know that plenty of people prefer to, so it is definitely nice to have the option. 

With the sliced blades comes a more powerful airflow, as it can effectively create a power vortex of vapor, if you will. The V2 is a fog machine, no doubt about it. I can fog up most of my apartment in about 15 minutes, so if you're looking to chase some serious clouds, the V2 is what you're looking for.

Included with the V2 is a wide bore delrin drip tip. It is definitely wider than your standard 510, I'd say if I had to eyeball it about half the size of a chuff. Delrin is comfortable to vape off, it does not get hot, nor will it get cold in the winter time like SS tips may. One thing I do not like about the DT is that because it is so large, the top cap can only accommodate it and it only. It is simply far to large to house a standard 510, and I have not found a compatible sized chuff (though for what it is worth, the clones of the V2 come packaged with a chuff style cap.) 

- Flavor
I'm going to come right out and say I did not expect this much flavor from the v2. The original, in my opinion, did not have a ton of flavor - it was meant for cloud chasing, and that is what it did best. The v2 however, perfects the combo. I get a TON of flavor and even more vapor. I believe it is because the inner diameter is larger than the original, and I can close off my air holes. Another nice improvement.

- Construction/Packaging
To be blunt, this thing is built well. It features 304 grade stainless steel, milled posts, a peek insulator, an ultra wide bore drip tip, heat sink cooling fins, and 18 airholes. The craftsmanship at it's price point (27.99) is astonishing, giving those who are teetering on clone or authentic an affordable option to pursue originality, affordability, and durability.

The packaging itself is a nice touch as well. It comes in a neatly wrapped gift box, and within the gift box are four replacement screws, replacement o-rings (for the deck and the drip tip) and a torque screw. I was glad to know that I had back up screws as I do not have any of these lying around.


Overall, the mutation X V2 is definitely worth it's price and at this point should be a staple in any vapors arsenal. If you're looking for a comfortable deck to build on, flavor, and more vapor than you know what to do with, you need to look into purchasing this monstrous RDA. For the low price of 27.99 you can own an original, authentic design, that works better than most clones on the market. Go ahead and stop by www.alluringvapors.com and pick yours up today! They come in black, copper, and stainless.

Thanks for stopping by, and I hope you enjoyed the review. Stay tuned, big things are coming. I'll be reviewing the SLS M6 by Ameravape (clone) and the Aspire Atlantis. Shoutout to Jonathan @ www.alluringvapors.com, I also enjoy working with you and your generosity. 

3 comments:

  1. Vapesourcing.com is one of the world's leading producers of electronic cigarette products. The company was founded in 2014, and offers best customer service options through their live sales chat, toll-free number or email. Buy good product in https://vapesourcing.com/vaporesso-transformer-with-nrg-kit-220w.html

    ReplyDelete
  2. The post is written in very a good manner and it contains many useful information for me. ithor pro

    ReplyDelete
  3. Thanks for posting this info. I just want to let you know that I just check out your site and I find it very interesting and informative. I can't wait to read lots of your posts. Ugo v ii

    ReplyDelete