Tuesday, December 9, 2014

Skyline M-6 Mechanical Mod Review

Hey everybody! Busy week. With finals coming up and a backlog of inventory, I'm happy to FINALLY bring you my Skyline M-6 review. I got this from Aaron at www.smokenmist.com and I've got to say, for 27.99, I can't think of a better mod on a budget. Let's get to it!


Let's start of with the manufacturer specifications 


Quick thread technology: Double Start Precision Threading
D4 Compliant lead free materials
Machined to aircraft grade standards
Laser etched design
24.34mm
Billet aluminum
Copper contacts
Magnetic button (fuhattan/manhattan design)
LOW voltage drop (4.17)


Okay. Let's just go over that one more time.
Precise, thoroughly machined threading? Copper contacts? Extra pins and insulator....for only 27.99?

YES! It's true!

For the low cost of 27.99, you can get a beast of a mod that lives up to expectations, and performs near identically to it's 275.00 counterpart.

Let's get down to what I dig about this mod.

- Construction
If my understanding of metals is correct, "Billet" aluminum is forged out of one piece of aluminum, not heated, cut, etc. The Skyline is touted as "aircraft grade" material, and while I am a little unsure of that, I must say it is definitely built solidly. The threads are magnificently smooth, and the "quick thread technology" is actually very intuitive. The switch and top cap lock into place with ease, threading faster, and with less resistance, than nearly all the mods in my collection. Another awesome thing about being all aluminum is that it is incredibly light weight. On the other hand, it is very thin - I would not say it is cheap, but it is deceptively so - I have dropped it and have yet to so much as scratch the paint or dent a thread (I am a notorious butter finger so I do not suggest dropping this based on my experience.)
Another interesting addition is the contoured middle part of the mod. It is ergonomically contoured to rest within your palm, for maximum comfort. It can look a bit obscure, but it is definitely a design choice that grows on you over time. I personally find it to be an incredibly sexy mod, despite the unique approach in it's design.
 


The skyline m6 features the "rare earth" magnetic button design we have seen on the manhattan, fuhattan, so on and so forth. It is said that it can never fail in the "on" position, but with clones, this is a flat out lie. It is not the skylines fault, it is just that ameravape clones in my experience do not perform nearly as well as the authentic. I have had a manhattan, fuhattan, and even this fire on their own - usually the pin unthreads from the switch, however if you make sure to properly tighten it, this problem should not happen again. This is sadly the only gripe I have with the mod - it's not that it constantly auto-fires, just that it can. That can be potentially dangerous. From owning the fuhattan I have found that tightening the screw and keeping your magnets and contact clean prevent this problem, so be sure to maintain the switch.

The skyline comes in two colors - black and purple. I have it in black, and I'm happy to say that the threads were not painted. The logo on the bottom of the switch is classic ameravape design, and the tube is almost engraved with the AV logo. Both are very well done.
- Voltage drop
Billet aluminum + copper contacts + copper contact pin = 4.17 voltage drop. This thing is without a doubt THE hardest hitting mod in my collection. I was skeptical when my buddy sent me a picture of a 4.19 reading, but I'll be damned if it wasn't true. This thing is an absolute monster of conductivity and remains a staple because of this.
- Packaging 

The skyline comes in an ameravape box, with extra center pins, insulators, and a contact. It was well packed, resting within a foam insert. Always good to know that your mod is travelling the country safely.

Overall, the Skyline is a well made, beautiful, hard hitting mod that can be had on a budget. I wish more mods of this caliber were available in a similarly priced bracket, as it is simply stunning to know that you can get such a great performing mod for half the cost of other clones. I would recommend this product to ANYBODY on the market for a new clone, or looking to add something hard hitting, attractive, and functional to their rotation.

As always, it is a pleasure working with www.smokenmist.com, and I urge you guys to stop by and take a look. He has very competitive prices, stocking the Aspire Atlantis at 29.99 (be sure to read my review

Thanks for stopping by, and I hope you enjoyed the review. Be sure to pick up a Skyline Mod in your choice of purple or black if you're looking for affordability, performance, and clouds. Thanks!

1 comment:

  1. My m-6 fires sometimes and others it will not is it just the pins or what and i use 18650 batts with no nipple and i habe to have the fire button all the way screwed out and sometimes it falls out what should i do?

    ReplyDelete